Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Happy Farmer

Let me just say that I am still I have just working on this piece call The Happy Farmer in book one. On all of the pieces in book one I wish I could play them at the rapid pace they should be played. The Happy Farmer is one of the pieces. This piece is not an easy piece for me. Also, I am still working on my bowing technique, tonalization and scales. Peace be still!!! I wish I could practice more. I am still forging on this endeavor.

Learning the cello is like solace for me. A couple of months into learning the Cello, my son was murdered. I cannot help but to think that this was something that God place before me to help me in my grieving. I never knew why I would feel a certain why before he died. I know that God was preparing me for his death. It is a mysterious thing how events in your life transforms and takes place.

2 comments:

cellodonna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

How fortunate that you found the cello in time for it to help bring you solace and peace through making music. The power of music is truly amazing.

Marilee Rockley said...

My sympathy on the loss of your son. I hope you always find comfort in playing the cello and your other creative activities.